Sunday, July 3, 2011

SDW: Day 7




Ah, it has taken me long enough to get this posted, no? What with Camp Grace and all (a post on that coming up shortly), I would say my delayed posting is excusable. ;) So, I now present to you the long awaited seventh piece of writing. Enjoy.


The Redemption

Another wave comes crashing down
Upon the distant shore
Scattered memories lie all around
Upon the hardwood floor

Of all the dreams I've had of late
This one is the worst
Because of violence, scorn, and hate
Rest cannot come first

Salvation cries from hills afar
Hearken to its call
Doors once closed now stand ajar
Enter now or fall

I can take the broken, beat-down path
Many oth'rs have trod
Though friends and family would laugh
I could walk the empty sod

The road less traveled could give me peace
From my life's lonely schemes
Perhaps this road would cause to cease
These horrid, restless dreams

I sink to my knees, cry out to Christ
And hope He's heard my prayer
Sweet rest comes with my sacrifice
And I know He has taken me There


Thank you for reading, to all of my faithful followers. I hope you liked the seven days of writing. :)

In His Service,
Brenna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you!