Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year Begins

   2012 is finally here, and the jokes about the end of the world just keep getting better and better!
    The last year was really awesome. I joined my first sport, attended my favorite camp, got my first real job, met a bunch of people, went to Disney World, and started my Sophomore year of high school. I learned a lot, and had a really good time learning most of it.
   I'm really excited about what this new year will bring, but really nervous too. In February our class gets to do a neat little thing called "Job Shadows," in which we go on a trip to learn more about our careers. Cool, except I have no idea what I want to do after high school. There are just so many jobs available, and I'm interested in a lot of them. It's especially frustrating when someone asks you what you plan on doing with your life, and you're forced to reply with, "that's a really good question that I don't know the answer to."
   Even though I'm anticipating much of what the new year brings, I'm also dreading some things. What about you, readers? What are you looking forward to and cowering from? I would love to pray for any of you.
   My imaginary New Year's Resolution is pretty simple: Do well in school, grow closer to God, and be a witness for Him. Reaching our goals can be a struggle, but through God we can do it (Matthew 19:26.)
   Starting a new year reminds me of a line from The Fellowship of the Ring: "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door," he used to say. "You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to."  Haha, sorry, I'm a nerd. But seriously, new years are scary things. They are new chapters in your book, new launching points for your life. The decisions that come with them can be intimidating. If any of you would like prayer to start out your new year, please let me know. I would be more than happy to oblige.

In His Service,
Brenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you!